Cheap Website Traffic

What Are The Right Licences For Driving A Bus?

When asking children what they would like to become when they are grown up, the answers are typically limited. “Bus driver” happens to fall into the category of the ones that are more popular. And it is easy to understand why. The C1 driving licence allows people to drive vehicles up to 7.5 tonnes however the ability to drive behind the wheel of a 12.5-tonne bus vehicle needs a CAT B licence. Bus driving happens to be one of the more popular and rewarding jobs, with many students deciding to take on this role. Yet it is important to first find out about the training requirements and what is needed to become a driver.

Requirements And Licence For Driving A Bus

When driving a large vehicle, especially the type that transports people rather than goods, government laws are pretty stringent. There are a few basic conditions for any person interested in driving these large vehicles. These include:

• Already have a comprehensive car licence

• Have to be over the age of 18

• Hold a Driver CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence)

Yet when it comes to driving buses of all types (without or with a trailer), you have to attain a couple of more qualifications. More importantly, you will need the CAT D licence as your base, along with a CAT D+E licence if you want to drive with an attached trailer. You are able to apply for these licences once you have successfully completed your Driver CPC for professional driving. If you would like to drive buses in a capacity that is non-professional you need to be over the age of 24. The CAT D licence will allow you to drive any vehicle or bus with more than 8-passenger seats and any of the tracked vehicles ( in the case that you would like to drive a tank). However, you will first need to obtain your CAT B licence.

The CAT B Licence

Before you will be permitted to apply for a CAT D licence, you will first need to complete the CAT B licence. This may be sounding like lots of extensive work, yet there is a bit of good news when it comes to these licences. With a CAT B licence, you will be allowed to drive vehicles that weigh up to 3,500kg, along with a maximum of 8-passenger seats (in other words, a car). You will also be allowed to tow a trailer with a maximum weight of 750kg. If you are over the age of 21 you will also be allowed to operate motor tricycles that have power outputs over 15kW. If you are already pursuing a career as a specialised driver, then you probably already know that you need this licence or you have it already.

What Is Involved With The CAT D Licence Training?

If you would like to drive buses in a professional capacity, you will need a CAT D licence. Similar to other LGV and HGV licences, CAT D is divided into 2 parts which include the practical and theory. The training program has been designed specifically to teach students the right way to drive buses safely and within a professional-capacity, as well as help you to find a job once you have completed the course. The training covers:

• Regulations and rules associated with the roads, with a specific focus on

• General fixtures and maintenance of these vehicles

• Far-sightedness and risk management

• Every aspect covering the safety of passengers, yourself, and other drivers and pedestrians on the roads

• Customer service

When you finish the training program you will be required to participate in both the practical and theory tests. If you are able to pass these tests, you are on your way to becoming a successful bus driver.

How Do I Go About Getting My CAT D Licence

You can contact us! Here at Easy as HGV, we offer different HGV training courses that include Driver CPC and CAT D courses for both experienced and new drivers.

With our assistance, you can learn about all you need to know about driving large vehicles, and more importantly, the right way to drive a bus. This provides you with the ideal start when it comes to pursuing your career.

Cheap Website Traffic