Jobs That Hire Felons – Get Hired Now With These Top Jobs That Hire Felons
For those who are looking for jobs that hire felons, this article lists some popular jobs and offers advice on how to get a job. Due to the economic recession that is troubling the country right now, jobs that hire felons are not that easy to get. Many people have become unemployed because of downsizing and small businesses closing but there are still some jobs that hire felons you can apply to.
Here is a list of the top felony jobs:
1. Prison programs for ex-felons – If you were lucky enough to take advantage of programs that help ex-felons with job readiness, then your first step should be to ask the people who helped you in prison if they know of any jobs for felons. Chances are good that they will be able to help you.
2. State employment offices – You can also try calling or visiting your state employment office. They will have people there who can help you with things like creating a good resume or writing cover letters as well as finding the best jobs that hire felons.
3. Non-profit organizations – Non-profit organizations often employ ex-felons and there may even be some in your area that have programs that are specifically designed to help ex-felons look for jobs that hire felons.
4. Temp agencies – Temp agencies are a good option. They are likely to have many different jobs that hire felons available for you. The main benefit to temp jobs is that it can lead to regular jobs and you can try out different types of work.
5. Trucking companies – The trucking industry has been growing at a good rate. Coupled with the fact that many of their drivers are nearing retirement age, there is a great demand for new truck drivers. This is one of the jobs that hire felons that pay pretty well and offer steady work.
6. Food service – Jobs like waiters, bartenders, bus staff, counter attendants, etc. are also always in demand. Tips can be a very good source of extra income if you can find one of the better felony jobs at the good restaurants, bars and other such places.
7. Military jobs – Did you know that ex-felons can enlist in the US Military through its moral waiver program? They have many felony jobs available because the military is always recruiting. As a matter of fact, one in eight people who enlisted in 2008 needed to get a waiver to join the service. This is a good career choice for people who like discipline and want to serve their country.
8. Freelance work – Another excellent option for people who like to work independently is freelance work. Examples of these types of jobs for felons are graphic artists, journalists, web designers, masseuses, personal trainers, photographers, videographers, makeup artists, etc.
9. Entrepreneur – There are countless biographies of famous people who started off small and made it big. This is practically the only type of jobs for felons that have endless potential but also some risk. It’s true that you could end up losing the shirt off your back if your business fails but, on the other hand, you could also become rich.
Jobs that hire felons are not too numerous but you should be able to find a few if you look in the right places. If you really want to find the best jobs that hire felons, try to network by calling up friends and family to let them know that you are looking for a job. You may get lucky and get useful referrals, recommendations and advice. Don’t give up if you don’t immediately get a job. Stay positive and keep on looking for the jobs that hire felons you can get.